The MODEM Modern and Contemporary Arts Centre can be visited from Tuesdays to Sundays between 10 a.m. and 6 p.m. It is closed on Mondays.
General Admission Tickets
General admission tickets include access to all exhibitions on view.
You can buy ticket online at the following link or click on the prices.
|Adult ticket||1200 HUF|
|Adult ticket – for citizens of Debrecen||1000 HUF|
|Student/pensioner ticket||600 HUF|
|Student/pensioner ticket – for citizens of Debrecen||500 HUF|
|Family ticket (2 adults with 3 children)||2400 HUF|
|Family ticket (2 adults with 3 children) – for citizens of Debrecen||2000 HUF|
|Additional ticket for a child||+200 HUF|
|Guided tours (for groups by appointment over the tickets)||5000 HUF|
Yearly pass: 10 000 HUF (for adults), 5 000 HUF (for students and pensioners),
6 000 HUF (for adult citizens of Debrecen) and 3 000 HUF (for students and pensioners of Debrecen)
Validity: The pass is valid for a year from the day it is bought for all the exhibitions and programmes of the MODEM, except the Night of Museums.
The MODEM stands in the historical centre of Debrecen on the Baltazár Dezső Square, which was formed at the time of the opening of the Modern and Contemporary Arts Centre. It is easily accessible on foot from the Great Church, because the building is behind the Déri Museum 5 minutes from the Kossuth Square. By car, the MODEM is accessible from the Bethlen Street and the Füvészkert Street. A parking garage is available under the building.
Address: 1 Baltazár Dezső Square, 4026 Debrecen
Box office and Information: +36-52-525-010
GPS coordinates: N.47.5334194 E.21.6215394
According to the Agreement of the European Economic Area, the permanent and temporary exhibitions of the museums can be visited for free of charge by the undermentioned citizens of the participant countries (herein after called EEA citizens):
- children under the age of 6
- disabled people and their companion (only 1 person)
- people with professional admission card issued by the minister
- members of national professional organisations (with at least 400 members) which are connected to museums and public collections
- active educators (with a valid educator’s card) who work in public education
- adults above the age of 70
- all visitors on 15th March, 20th August, and 23rd October
According to the Agreement of the European Economic Area, the permanent exhibitions of the museums can be visited for free of charge by the undermentioned EEA citizens on one of the weekend days determined by the institution in each month:
- people under the age of 26
- companions who are close relatives of a person under the age of 18 (max. 2 people)
According to the Agreement of the European Economic Area, the permanent and temporary exhibitions of the museums can be visited for 50% off admission by the undermentioned EEA citizens:
- people between the age 6 and 26
- adults above the age of 62
- companions who are close relatives of at least two people under the age of 18 (max. 2 people)